1) Lesson details for Monday 18th and Tuesday 19th
September 2017. - Heritage/Fancy Dress theme on Monday - please dress up :-)
2) Dates to Diarise as Term 3 draws to an end
3) Photos from the Zoo Trip and Thank Yous
3)Wish List for FEP learners needing assistance
1) LESSONS THIS COMING WEEK
MONDAY 18 SEPTEMBER 2017 - Grade 3 Lesson
We will meet as usual at Dainfern Valley Shopping Centre outside Piatto at 9am on Monday.
Our theme this week is "FANCY DRESS" which we are combining with the build up to Heritage Day on 24 September.
We have asked all the teachers to dress up in something traditional on Monday and would love it if the volunteers could also wear something relating to their heritage - even if it's just a hat, a flag or whatever you may have.
The Green and Purple groups will
- continue to revise the sounds covered to date and discriminate between sounds that are confused such as the "ee" and "i".
- continue to write and edit their work
- continue introducing the concept that some sound pictures have more than one letter - new sound [ck] to be introduced so that children start to realise that there are several ways to show the "k" sound such as the [c] and [k] covered already.
- continue with 4 sound words
- the basic "Pink" level lesson plans for the 4 lessons that we cover within a lesson are attached for your perusal - especially for new volunteers which are also relevant for the Tuesday lessons.
General Needs - FEP students
Smart phones, laptops and toiletries are items that are needed by most students. It is difficult to get second hand lap tops as they are often destroyed to protect confidential data and software. If you're able to access working lap tops where the hard drives have been removed, we will still be able to use them as buying a hard drive is cheaper than buying a new lap top.
Practical Experience / Internships required
Our FEP students who are finalising their studies are in desperate need of practical experience and need to do an internship in order to meet the requirements of their degree or diploma.
Please share the information below as well as the CVs attached if you have any contacts who might be able to facilitate an internship for the following students.
Gladwinis also an FEP student looking for an opportunity to complete an internship in Information Technology.
Specifications include: Minimum of 6 months internship in any IT related company specialising in Software Development.
See CV attached.
Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.